what is cosmetic dentistry?
Is the latest treatment option that has a cutting edge over the traditional dental care focusing on prevention, oral hygiene and other treatments. It is the field of dentistry dedicated to the art and science of aesthetics, aimed at enhancing a person’s smile and overall appearance, resulting in a better self-image and a sense of well being.
Previously, little could be done to enhance the appearance of your teeth. Chipped, stained or crooked teeth were simply dismissed. Today, however your dream smile is closer than you think!
At Dr Ali’s Denta Care ,we want you to look and feel you the best. Unlike plastic surgery, cosmetic dentistry isn’t a major operation. Imagine coming in for a single appointment or two and emerging with the smile you’ve always wanted…no pain, no strain and no time taken out of your busy life. The results are immediate and drastic. The latest advances in cosmetic dental materials and techniques to create the beautiful smile of your dreams is here, so why not give it a chance.
Veneers can whiten, lengthen and straighten teeth to provide a more attractive smile. Veneers are thin, custom-made porcelain facings crafted of tooth-colored materials that are permanently bonded to the tooth surface. Rather than encompassing the entire tooth as is the case with a crown, a conservative amount of tooth is removed, preserving a large amount of the original structure while making room for the veneer. The veneer is constructed of porcelain, a non-pourous, durable material that is more resistant to staining and chipping than simple tooth bonding. If you suffer from broken, crooked, chipped, gapped or permanently discolored teeth, veneers can create a more uniform, beautiful smile.
Teeth whitening in single visit
Our teeth can discolor through the years as our enamel wears down. The wearing down of enamel allows dentin, a yellow color substance that makes the core of our teeth, to show through. This is what gives our teeth a yellowish tint. Teeth whitening helps restore teeth to a shiny white color through the use of bleach.
Teeth whitening methods
There are two popular teeth whitening options available through your dentist. The first, in-office teeth whitening, produces a significant color change in your teeth in a short amount of time, usually within an hour. The procedure is done at the dentist’s office by applying a high-concentration peroxide gel on the teeth after they have been protected with a special shield.
The second method, involves the use of take home whitening kits. These whitening kits are purchased from your doctor for use at home. The strength of the gel used in these kits is lower than that used for in-office bleaching, and thus the gel can be applied for longer periods of time. Usually the trays are worn a couple hours a day or overnight for a few days or weeks depending on the product.It is best to consult your dentist to understand which whitening option is best for you.
Cosmetic Solutions at Dr Ali’s Denta Care:
COSMETIC DENTISTRY combines various techniques and treatments to create a spectacular, natural-looking smile. The cosmetic dental services and techniques now available open up the way for looking younger and feeling better and enjoying greater success in life that are suggested below according to individual needs
1. Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic dentistry choice.
A. a.ZOOM! Light-activated TEETH WHITENING system professionally performed in the cosmetic dentist’s office
i. 8 shades lighter in 45 minutes.
B. At-home teeth bleaching, with take-home trays and bleaching gel.
2. Porcelain veneers are a quick cosmetic dental fix for chipped, stained or malaligned teeth. A dental veneer is a ceramic laminate that is applied to the front of the tooth. Dental veneers allow for correction in the shape, size, length, spacing and color of your natural teeth.
3. Invisalign: Invisalign braces are actually clear retainers that gently move teeth without traditional metal braces. The majority of adults are candidates for INVISALIGN (up to 85%). Invisalign clear braces are easily tolerated, and in as little as 6 months, gaps between teeth can be closed.
4. Dental Implants – Dental implants combine both restorative and cosmetic dentistry. Dental implants replace one or more missing teeth or secure a dental bridge or denture with stability similar to a natural tooth root. New white materials eliminate any gray shadow under the restored crown. And when the dental implants are placed by a skilled Implantologist like Dr Ali , it can look as well as function just like a natural, healthy tooth. Replacing missing teeth with dental implants preserves the bone mass and strength. With the use of conscious sedation in dentistry dental implants are now virtually painless.
5. Tooth Coloured Fillings – Replacing the old silver amalgam fillings with tooth-colored composite resin material. Tooth-colored fillings are a cosmetic dentistry procedure that restores the natural color and appearance of your teeth.
5. Teeth crowns: A dental crown is used to cover a tooth that is decayed or damaged. Dental crowns can be constructed using a variety of materials depending on the need. Porcelain crowns have opalescence very similar to your natural teeth.
For other dental tips kindly follow the blog post. Looking to catch up with the best dental blogs? Here’s our list of top dental blogs from Dr Alis DentaCare Bangalore